sanctuary doula group offering postpartum doula care in boulder county
Introducing Sanctuary Postpartum Doulas, Boulder County’s postpartum doula group.
Sanctuary Doulas offer families either birth doula care or postpartum doula care or (even better) the continuity of both! At Sanctuary Postpartum Doulas, it’s our deepest desire to bring women’s postpartum experience to its fullest potential by unearthing its treasures – fierce love, reverence, beauty, abundance, blessings, trials and tribulations that foster growth during one of life’s most transformative seasons – mamahood! We envision a community of families who thrive on abundant postpartum care that has the potential to create transformational inner and interpersonal experiences for women, their wee ones and families, as well as the larger family of humanity.
It’s our intention to infuse the postpartum experience with richness by honoring women’s and wee ones’ innate wisdom with professional, home-based postpartum doula care for up to six months after birth (and longer if needed in special circumstances.)
We know that on the other side of the birth, families continue to thrive in community.
Research confirms what our families tell us in their reviews. When a postpartum doula offers support after birth, parents…
- feel more secure and cared for
- are more successful in adapting to new family dynamics
- experience greater success with breastfeeding
- have greater self-confidence
- have less postpartum depression
- experience lower incidence of abuse
Sanctuary Postpartum Doulas are trained professionals who follows DONA International (DONA) and Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association (CAPPA) Standards of Practice. All of our care providers have completed Infant CPR training, carry professional postpartum doula insurance and have passed all background and reference checks. We love mothers, babies and new families and are committed to exceptional postpartum care for you.
Our postpartum doulas help you create a sanctuary in your home where your family thrives. Today, families are no longer integrated by the web of wisdom passed down by three or more generations living under one roof. In the United States, many mothering traditions are now sought out via books and/or the Internet which bypasses the personal touch that instills a new mother’s confidence in her own innate wisdom. A postpartum doula fills this “mothering the mother” role with professional, evidence-based care that nurtures each mother’s unique path and her own self determination to care for herself and her family.
Whether you are planning ahead for ideal support after your birth or you’re already home with babe in your arms, Sanctuary Postpartum Doulas are here to support your journey. We work with a diversity of mamas and families including those who birthed vaginally and by Cesarean, experienced easeful or complicated journeys into the world, those families welcoming multiples (we love twins & triplets!), single parents and LGBTQ families, as well as those families adopting a baby or experiencing newborn loss.
- help you create a home environment where your family thrives
- create each home visit and meeting your family’s unique needs of the day
- nurture your innate mothering wisdom and knowing
- offer options for healing your body, spirit and connection to yourself with time-honored belly, breast and bottom (perineum) postpartum care rituals, baths (immersion, sitz and foot) and sealing ceremonies
- celebrate your baby’s intelligence while offering education and evidence-based information on caring for feeding, soothing and parenting your new little wonder(s)
- encourage rest with “tuck in” mama naps, longer sleep stretches, and offering guidance for developing healthy family sleep rhythms
- prepare warming, healing meals and snacks in traditional postpartum ways that you and your family love and upon request, weaving in galactagogic and lactogenic foods and spices that optimize mama’s making and moving breast milk
- support all the physical and emotional facets of breast pumping and supplemental feedings of donated breast milk and/or formula with compassion and without judgment
- meet mama right where she’s at – feeling down, irritable, tearful, “just not quite myself,” moody, tired, anxious or having difficulty concentrating – and listening with open heart and hands
- create blessed bonding time for your family with age old hands-on traditions including infant massage
- unravel and journaling your birth story
- weave in your spouse/partner’s supportive role into the new family mix
- offer the TLC and guidance for sweeter sibling adjustment
- take care of light household duties including laundry, cleaning, organizing and running errands
- work in a positive spirit of teamwork with your family and friends
- assess your and your family’s well being and providing professional referrals and resources as needed
- offer you the option to include Ayurvedic postnatal massage, postnatal massage therapy and Reiki services for you and your partner during your day home visits