resuming in-person services with safety protocols!
We’re grateful to be back providing both in-person and virtual services. You may be ready for in-person or not – and we’re here for you either way!
If you’re choosing in-person services, it’s simple! Please complete your Consent for In-Person Services for your doula care and/or massage therapy. Please contact us if you have any questions as your health and well-being are our highest priorities.
You’re adapting to COVID-19, and we are too! As a bit of background, as the COVID-19 era is evolving …
- On March 15, 2020, following best practices to mitigate the risk of exposure to COVID-19, Sanctuary Healing Arts LLC transitioned to providing, and continues to provide, virtual doula care and virtual massage therapy instruction via telecommunications technology.
- Effective May 9, 2020, massage therapy in-home (house calls) became available.
- On June 16, 2020, we resumed in-person care that qualify under Colorado Public Health Order 20-28 Safer At Home as “Personal Services” (see Appendix D) or in a “Limited Healthcare Setting” (see Appendix E) – with high-contact where you and your doula/massage therapist are within six feet of one another.
To enjoy in-person services, we ask you to partner with us on the following protocols at your home and in our Joy Collective office. Only you can decide whether you are ready for in-person care.
- Face masking – Both you and your doula/massage therapist must wear a face cloth covering or mask throughout your in-person services including when entering and leaving your home/our office and when your face is in the massage table face cradle. At this time, wearing a face mask is a loving and responsible action to ourselves and others, and not a fear-based measure.
- Hand washing and hand sanitizing – As we have always done, at the beginning, throughout, and at end of your in-person services, we will wash our hands and add the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Your doula/massage therapist will provide her own disposable gloves for her work during your doula care and massage therapy.
- Cleaning and disinfecting – Using either a bleach solution or an EPA-approved product for emerging viral pathogens expected to be effective against COVID-19 …
- Prior to in-home services, you will clean and disinfect all high contact surfaces (i.e. door knobs, light switches, sink faucets, etc.) to protect the doula/massage therapist upon entering your home.
- During and after in-home services, your doula/massage therapist will clean and disinfect all her and your contact surfaces. Your doula’s scope of services includes keeping your home clean and tidy and sanitized per your request.
- Prior to, during and after in-office massage services, your therapist will clean and disinfect all her and your contact surfaces including massage table and accessories.
- Social distancing – When not receiving our services, you agree to practice social distancing in your home and at our Joy Collective office. For in-office services, we ask that you wait in your car until we welcome you in and no additional people (sadly including newborns) may join your appointment. Your doula/massage therapist has been and will continue to diligently practice social distancing in her own life for her protection and yours. We ask you to do the same.
- Conduct symptom checking – Prior to and the day of receiving and providing in-home or in-office services, you and your doula/massage therapist will conduct symptom checking including temperature. As always, we will continue to follow our illness policy – cancelling in-person services if you or a household member or the doula/massage therapist has a fever, shortness of breath, coughing, or other symptoms associated with COVID-19 or if you have been exposed to another person who is showing symptoms of infection or has confirmed COVID-19 within the past two weeks. We will offer you the safest options for rescheduling. We will maintain a confidential log of all clients who we interact with to enable contact tracing if it becomes necessary.
- Making contactless payment – At the time of service, your doula/massage therapist will simply charge your debit or credit card on file. For doula client clients with a positive account balances, your doula will charge your account as usual. No cash or check payments please.
Additional safety measures include…
- In our doula care, we will give thoughtful consideration to matching one doula with one family to further minimize risk across our clients and doulas. Exceptions will be agreed upon by you and your doula.
- For all massage services (in our doula care and for massage therapy house calls), we require you to shower prior to your massage. For massage therapy house calls, your massage therapist will shower and change clothes between clients.
Our top priority will continue to be your health and safety following the best public health practices guidelines of CO Dept of Regulatory Affairs, Associated Massage and Bodywork Professionals, American Massage Therapy Association, DONA International, and Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association (CAPPA) to limit the transmission of COVID-19.
Thank you for your flexibility, patience and kindness as we all navigate the best path forward in serving you safely!
If you’re interested in postpartum doula care,
If you are a current client, please log into your Sanctuary account to schedule your in home or virtual doula care.